Yalun94

So I'm doing my History IA on the territorial changes enacted by the Versailles Peace Treaty and its effect on German nationalism prior to WWII.

Anyone have any suggestions as to good relevant texts, or important points I should be making in Part B and D?

I've covered all the Alsace-Lorraine, Danzig, Prussian corridor, Saar Basin, Czech state, some land Belgium got, and the whole banned from annexing Austria ordeal.. And I've mentioned how people were stripped of their German Nationalities and were forced nationalities of the new government in certain territories, and the concern for private property and etc...

But, I'm having trouble linking that to rise in German nationalism in a scholarly way. I know clearly why, but I cant find any good texts on this. So if any one has any good texts... let me know.... :) or general points to guide me in the right direction...

This is due next Wednesday, Nov. 21st... Just btw... so prompt responses would be appreciated!!!

So I'm doing my History IA on the territorial changes enacted by the Versailles Peace Treaty and its effect on German nationalism prior to WWII.

Anyone have any suggestions as to good relevant texts, or important points I should be making in Part B and D?

I've covered all the Alsace-Lorraine, Danzig, Prussian corridor, Saar Basin, Czech state, some land Belgium got, and the whole banned from annexing Austria ordeal.. And I've mentioned how people were stripped of their German Nationalities and were forced nationalities of the new government in certain territories, and the concern for private property and etc...

But, I'm having trouble linking that to rise in German nationalism in a scholarly way. I know clearly why, but I cant find any good texts on this. So if any one has any good texts... let me know.... :) or general points to guide me in the right direction...

This is due next Wednesday, Nov. 21st... Just btw... so prompt responses would be appreciated!!!

I suggest looking into the search sections on Questia and JSTOR for details.

I also think the following might be of some use to you:

1. The New Boundaries of Germany: New York : American Geographical Society, 1919. Base Map Pamphlet ; No.5

2. The Saar Basin and the Saar Question by Hellwig, Fritz. Berlin: Anglo-American Publishing, 1934

3. The kings depart : the German Revolution and the Treaty of Versailles, 1918-19 /Richard M. Watt. Harmondsworth : Penguin, 1973 Pelican Books

4. The Saar and world peace by G.E.O. Knight. London : Golden Eagle Publishing, 1934

5. Georges Clemenceau : France by David Robin Watson. London : Haus Publishing, 2008

6. Paris 1919 : six months that changed the world by Margaret Olwen MacMillan. New York : Random House, 2002

7. Weimar publics/Weimar subjects : rethinking the political culture of Germany in the 1920s edited by Kathleen Canning, Kerstin Barndt & Kristin McGuire. New York : Berghahn Books, 2010

8. The Treaty of Versailles : a reassessment after 75 years edited by Manfred F. Boemeke, Gerald D. Feldman, and Elisabeth Glaser. Washington, D.C. : Cambridge, UK ; New York, NY : German Historical Institute ; 2006 Cambridge University Press,

9. L'Europe de Versailles, 1919-1939 : les traités de paix, leur application, leur mutilation by Pierre Rain. Paris : Payot, 1945

I hope that helps! Best of luck!

Arrowhead.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 2