Biology HL - Papers 1 & 2

IB Failing

OK I'll start this topic now it's been 24 hours (well way more for me).

How did everyone find the papers?

I thought Paper 1 was of a similar standard to previous years I guess, a few annoying questions in there but nothing too crazy. Paper 2 questions were also pretty good, as the Section B questions were quite varied. I'll wait until other people post until I realise where I've messed up..

Found Paper 1 pretty easy. The carbon cycle question I wasn't sure about though, and the one about protein structure and how it's held together. Felt confident with all my answers apart from those though.

Paper 2 I didn't find too bad either, I did the questions on prokaryotes & DNA replication, and the one on birth/fertilisation etc.

Hopefully I'll get a 6 :)

Yeah I'm wondering how many questions I may have misread in Paper 1, I know I've messed up 2 already :\.

I ended up doing Questions 6 (how minerals are taken up from soil and glycolysis), and Question 7 (ribosomes and DNA replication). I really regret not doing Question 8 though, as the placenta and hormones questions have been repeated so many times but I didn't know much about fertilisation..

At least Question 1 of Paper 2 was possible to interpret, there's been a few times I've looked at past Bio papers and been kind of stumped as to what to put. Likewise, I'm expecting a 6 due to misreading stuff and losing a mark on half the parts in Question 1 Paper 2..

Paper 1 was relatively simple and of a similar standard to previous years, although I don't remember a carbon cycle question? Spark my memory please :P haha

Paper 2 was pretty simple also, did 7 and 8 from section B, having memorized the recent markschemes for replication/placenta/oxytocin etc.

Paper 1 was relatively simple and of a similar standard to previous years, although I don't remember a carbon cycle question? Spark my memory please :P haha

Paper 2 was pretty simple also, did 7 and 8 from section B, having memorized the recent markschemes for replication/placenta/oxytocin etc.

The carbon cycle question had like...arrows from organic matter in plants, to organic matter in animals and CO2 in the atmosphere, and from organic matter in animals to decomposers, and from CO2 in the atmosphere back into organic matter in plants, and you had to say which one was respiration.

The carbon cycle question had like...arrows from organic matter in plants, to organic matter in animals and CO2 in the atmosphere, and from organic matter in animals to decomposers, and from CO2 in the atmosphere back into organic matter in plants, and you had to say which one was respiration.

Yesssssss! That rings a bell, if I remember correctly the producers were respiring and the arrow went from them to the atmosphere.

Paper 1 was alright :) I did do eeny-meeny-miny-mo for like 3 questions that were giving me trouble lol

Paper 2 was a ****ty one for me :o Lets hope i've done enough in my Paper 3 to make up for it :)

I did the birth & fertilisation one too...I forgot which other one I did, but it included something about minerals.

Lets hope i didn't do as bad as I thought I did

I thought the standard of the papers were -fairly- similar to last November. What I didn't really expect was the way they repeated two 8-mark questions from last year's session word for word - didn't think they usually repeat questions directly like that.

.. Except I still didn't do the placenta one. Went for frenzy plant instead.. which I still felt like I messed up in. Meh.

Edited by Joez