EE about Cuban Embargo

Oscar A

Hi,

I'm having some issues writing my key question. Basically I want to focus my essay in why the Cuban Embargo is not working, (its objective was to bring democracy to Cuba and other "humanitarian" reasons). So first of all the whole Cuban Embargo topic is quite wide, so I'm thinking of focusing just in the negative impacts of the social/politics of Cuba. Any clues/idea of how to do my key question?

I'd suggest doing it in the subject you A) know more about and B) have a good supervisor for. It seems that you might have trouble finding one for a supervisor/assessor if you chose to do a politics EE, and unless you are taking this subject it might be hard to understand the requirements for the subject, which leads to a high chance of you scoring poorly despite a lot of effort on your part. If you're taking history or know how to write a history essay, it might be more wise to do it in that subject instead, as chances of finding a supervisor for that are greater. As for limiting the time period, you could easily pick a time period where a significant event happened or explore its origins. You'd probably have to do that anyways for politics.

Also, a history EE should deal strictly with historical events - unless things have changed since I did my EE, then that means you can't address any events which have taken place within the last 10 years, and no current events (as these are not History, they are simply in its context).