different teachers?

So a new principal came and decided to change everything at my school around..

The IB isn't the only program offered here and we also have a regular American HS diploma track with AP courses and such

however, in the past, if an IB class lasts two years, you'll get the same teacher for that two years.

but apparently that's TOO HARD to schedule for our new principal.

and now he's changing it all around and we might get different teachers for the two years.

i mean, for something like english, we have started on our world lit now but will not be done by the end of the semester.

so how are we going to work on it with a new teacher who probably has never read our world lit works?

is this a common practice around the world, or is our new principal just NOT GETTING IT?

any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!

At my school they try to keep you with the same teacher for the two years, eg I had the same bio, chem, maths, and geo teacher for the 2 years, but my spanish teacher changed because the first one went on long service leave, and my English teacher changed because my first one got knock-up. But nevertheless on principle my school does it differently to what yours is going to do.

Most 2-year courses at my school changes teachers as well, with the exception being HL Math (there's only one HL class per year, taught by the same teacher) and half the HL Biology and Business cohorts (2 teachers teach HL1, and only one of these teach HL2). It's pretty common practice. If the teacher's unfamiliar with IB, that's another story, but mere instructor changes between years are quite common.

well its not really a good thing to change teachers because youre already used to one and then they change, but many schools do it and still survive, so dont worry you'll do ok, the curriculum is still the same even if the teachers change =)