History Paper 1 + Paper 2 (MAY08)

Guest iber2468

Guest iber2468

Paper 1 - Stalin's industrialization

All of our history teachers predicted foreign policy and that's what I focused on while studying, d'oh!

I also regret not READING the cuba section... I actually watched the movie and know so much about Cuba ><

It was pretty decent, then again, paper 1's a piece of cake.

Paper 2 - #1 and #21, Causes of WW1&2 (i think most ppl picked this one) and Origins of EW Rivalry

It was hilarious... the 90 or so history students were writing in the small gym, and as soon as the reading time for paper 2 began and everyone flipped open the paper, you could hear "YESSSS!!" reverberating in the gymnasium haha. I looked around and everyone was practically squealing in delight. As for me... i ONLY prepared for those two topics, woot! Analyzing past exams paid off.

I think i had a total of 15 sides (7 pieces of paper), which is really little >< ... oh well, NO MORE HISTORY FOR ME!

Yup,

Paper 1 - I chose Section A... because we didn't cover Mao and I chose not to focus my studying on the Cold War =X I think most of the kids in my class chose Section A, but there were a few who had done presentations on the Cuban Missile Crisis, and so, chose Section C. But yeah, Stalin's 5 Year Plans was pretty easy =)

Paper 2 - There was pretty much a reverberation of "YES!" in my class too when everyone saw #1 >.< One of my friends actually pumped her fist in the air, and the invigilator started cracking up. So yeah, I wrote on #1 -- I was really excited because I had already written the entire outline for that essay while studying =D And then I chose #13 (the one on a single party state leader and education) and wrote about Hitler for that one. Overall, I think it went well too =)

I think I had a total of 20-30 sides for the three papers... my hand is so shot. But at least I'm done with one exam! =)

Paper 1 - Section A

Our teachers actually specifically told us JUST to do Stalin on Paper 1, so we didn't really have much of a choice there...

I wasn't too thrilled with the essay question though! I wasn't really sure exactly what they wanted in terms of rdeucing people's standard of living (yes, the economy affected it, but did they also want purges?...) In any case, the paper was pretty good!

Paper 2

Definitely the Cold War question was awesome! And then I did one comparing Mussolini and Castro...

Paper 1- Stalin of course (freaking loved the paper, totally rocked it)

Paper 2- Causes of WWI and WWII (pretty happy about it), and importance of foreign policy for one-party state leaders (did stalin, hitler, and mussolini, but i was so made because i wanted a rise of stalin question so badly -- it was the only thing i had historiography for)

overall, paper 1 great, paper 2 ok

:0 how did you get the mark scheme?

I feel like a failure compared to you people lol.

I wrote a total of 12 pages and I thought I did a good job :)

I did China, which was the main thing my teacher had us focus on for paper 1

and for paper 2 I did the effects of TWO 20th century war on the role of women. I did the Chinese Civil War & WW2 in the USA.

and for the 2nd question, I did the question on a single-party state's leader & their use of education to proliferate their goals. I chose Mao & China :)

Errr... I must have been pretty tired :)

What we did were exams for our predicted grades for uni applications this fall. Some of our teachers gave us 2008 exams and I thought that our history paper was 2008 too -- so when I checked out the 2007 markscheme I found the question I did and figured that ah weird the 2008 is up already...! sorry guys :)

Anyway, I do wonder why that markscheme was so demanding

Edited by gaggia

This might be me being stupid, but I don't think there was a causes of WW1 and WW2 question on our exam paper? *confused* Is there two time zones or something? lol?! I definately know that the first question for our paper was causes of wars, but it was like the arab israeli wars or something that we havent studied lol...=S

Anyway I did the question on why WWI wasn't just confined to Europe and Hitler's rise to Power.

Edited by ShiverShiva

I did China, which was the main thing my teacher had us focus on for paper 1

and for paper 2 I did the effects of TWO 20th century war on the role of women. I did the Chinese Civil War & WW2 in the USA.

and for the 2nd question, I did the question on a single-party state's leader & their use of education to proliferate their goals. I chose Mao & China :P

Wow! You did everything my teacher told us not to do. How long was your paper? And what books does your teacher teach with to gain enough information on an esoteric topic such as the role of women in war?

That was actually my first examination..

TZ2:

Paper 1: Stalin's industrialization - it was fine, I guess. I wanted to include more detail in 'my own knowledge part' of the last question but the time was up :) .

Paper 2: Fine too - Topic 1: analysis of the results of one peace settlement, wrote about the Treaty of Versailles. Topic 3: how war-time allies turned into post-war enemies; this question was repeated in so many years but in different ways.

All in all, I hope it's fine! :)

• 1 month later...

Paper 1 - Stalin and Industrialization --> I thought it was fairly straightforward since our teacher prepared us quite well for the topic. She really stressed on the fact that we should do USSR and not even look at the other topics. Hopefully my writing/support material sufficed especially for the last question.

Paper 2 - I compared Stalin and Peron and did the question on the Marshall Plan and the Truman Doctrine. It was ok for the most part but I think I screwed up on minor details/facts; hopefully that did not have a great effect on the marks for this section though...

i can't even remember the questions anymore.... but i do know that my teacher predicted about 5-6 questions that were going to be on the test....basically exactly as they were stated on the papers :) so it was crazy... i remember writing about WWI and WWII i think..and as well reagonomics, and those economic thingys... man. i cannot remember ANYTHING anymore hahha