Help needed for Historical Investigation

viritpols

Hey!

I'm currently doing the History IA on "To what extent was Sukarno a dictator of the Indonesia people". I've done basic readings about Sukarno already but I'm stuck on my sources. Could any of you please help suggest me some sources that I could use as citations in my IA (Preferably academic papers, but other would do)

Many thanks!

Hey there!

As the rules state, we cannot do the job for you. That means that you'll have to do your own research. Find books about Sukarno, search on key aspects through google, google books, google scholar, JSTOR (if you have access), etc.. Add 'filetype:pdf' (without quotation marks) after the search words in google to find pdf-files only. Academic papers are mostly uploaded in the pdf-format. Also, first hand sources and historical governmental documents are normally very good for analysis.

Your topic sounds very broad for an IA. Maybe you should only focus on the authoritarian traits of Sukarno in one aspect only? For instance his use of propaganda, political decision-making, etc.. Remember that you only have approximately 6-800 words to analyse the topic itself.

Good luck!

Edited by alefal
  • Like 2