Nineteen Eighty-Four

I read 1984 last year. I found it was a lot of work, in analyzing, and I also had to read over it a couple of times to really understand it, but it is a good book. A bit of a cliffhanger but I really enjoyed the structure of the book and the themes surrounding it. Have fun reading it! :)

• Like 1

I read 1984 last year. I found it was a lot of work, in analyzing, and I also had to read over it a couple of times to really understand it, but it is a good book. A bit of a cliffhanger but I really enjoyed the structure of the book and the themes surrounding it. Have fun reading it! :)

Oh... so is it difficult? I've read like half of it, but it isnt really catching on... Thanks :) I'll try

• 2 weeks later...

It can be difficult just because of all the language used within the book and also the concepts it presents. To do a good job in any assignment you have for this book, you're going to have to read it at least twice. Same goes for all the other books. I highly recommend you don't just read it the once, but you read it over and over until you know it inside out.

I never read the whole book...only used sparknotes. I have a feeling that i'll have to read all the books before finals lol. Read it once so that you know where's what. Then to understand the novel you can just keep reading summaries, analysis etc. I personally found it hard in terms of annotating.

I've read the book, but I haven't analysed it. I actually really loved it and found that if you're in the right mindset when you're reading it - you will really enjoy it. Analysing it would really increase your understanding, don't be worried! The only really damaging thing that you could do, is that while you read it, you think it is hard and difficult. If you get stuck, just have a laptop with google or a dictionary next to you :)

• Like 1