Who should be a supervisor for video making?

freedude

Hello,

I'm currently in Grade 11 (first year of IB) and was sort of having a question in CAS

I was deciding to make a video based on a video game, which is counter strike: GO

I have asked my teachers about making a video based on it, and they said it is possible under creativity and service. I was happy hearing about it because I can actually use my time spent on video game to CAS in sort of a way so...

Anyway, the question is who should be a supervisor for making a video? i know it could be my parents, but my school recommended not to have parents as a supervisor.

Any one have idea who it can be? Or anyone who have done similar activity like this knows any idea?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm currently in Grade 11 (first year of IB) and was sort of having a question in CAS

I was deciding to make a video based on a video game, which is counter strike: GO

I have asked my teachers about making a video based on it, and they said it is possible under creativity and service. I was happy hearing about it because I can actually use my time spent on video game to CAS in sort of a way so...

Anyway, the question is who should be a supervisor for making a video? i know it could be my parents, but my school recommended not to have parents as a supervisor.

Any one have idea who it can be? Or anyone who have done similar activity like this knows any idea?

Thanks

I tried to make a video on Modern warfare but my teacher rejected to show it as it would include too much violence. Drop the idea..

If you don't want to use your parents, why don't you post or share the video with a website or blog and get the person who runs them sign you off?

I had the same issue with doing art pieces at home; unfortunately our school does not allow parent sigs on anything.

I ended up giving them to the shelter and got both C and S for it! Win win!

Lol, you should be fine.

Hmmm, I think you'll be alright, as long as you don't present it, but I have NO idea how that would be service? O_o

Creativity, yea definitely.

I tried to make a video on Modern warfare but my teacher rejected to show it as it would include too much violence. Drop the idea..

>teacher rejected

>teacher

That's when you don't go to a teacher for supervision :P

Not sure if you're interested, but if you want, toss me the video, I'll upload it to my secondary youtube channel (don't expect views, though :P) and I'll give you creativity hours, and write a reflection, and stuffs.

PM me if you're interested.

If anyone is gonna yell at me for this: It's not like he's not doing anything, he's just getting a chill supervisor, who happens to be familiar with CS:GO >:) Also, I did take advanced acting/directing, so I know film and production, etc.