Extended essay on physics. Is this topic too common already?

Nga Tran

Heyyyy (:

Uhmmm so yeahhh I just started my extended essay recently. After doing some research, I found a quite interesting topic which is measuring the speed of light. I am thinking about some kind of research question such as To what extent do colors have effect on the speed of light? or something like that?

Is the topic too common already? Does the research question is too confusing or anything?

Any help would be much appreciated (:

Thank youuuuuuu

Heyyyy (:

Uhmmm so yeahhh I just started my extended essay recently. After doing some research, I found a quite interesting topic which is measuring the speed of light. I am thinking about some kind of research question such as To what extent do colors have effect on the speed of light? or something like that?

Is the topic too common already? Does the research question is too confusing or anything?

Any help would be much appreciated (:

Thank youuuuuuu

EE in Physics means doing a practical. Start thinking about what you can do within the realm of quantum physics where you can make a model maybe or do an experiment?

Remember that EE in physics is solely about your practical rather than the actual theory. I did my EE in physics too on Greenhouse effect where i had to construct a model of Greenhouse effect and test different variables in it.

Edited by shad0wboss

First thing first, thank you for replying :D

I'm actually gonna do an experiment to measure it. I did some research and there's an interesting one about using microwaves to measure the speed of light :D So yeahhhh

But I'm not gonna copy that experiment, i'm just gonna base on it and develop my own, like changing the color, or other stuff

So what do you think? :S

First thing first, thank you for replying :D

I'm actually gonna do an experiment to measure it. I did some research and there's an interesting one about using microwaves to measure the speed of light :D So yeahhhh

But I'm not gonna copy that experiment, i'm just gonna base on it and develop my own, like changing the color, or other stuff

So what do you think? :S

You should start planning it out. Remember it's 4000 words long. If you have a good physics teacher in your school, contact him/her and discuss your idea as a teacher would be able to give a better suggestion than me. I mean, that's just sounds like a lab report to me. As i mentioned, my essay was on greenhouse effect where my RQ was to find whether greenhouse effect can be modeled. One of the criteria of EE, basically paraphrasing it, states whether the EE done on the topic has any importance. I mean, why are you interested in finding the speed of light. What are you trying to achieve? what will you say when this question will be asked...

Come back again with more ideas. Never settle on one idea. My main idea was to do something in the fields of Phylosophy but i was suggested to do something with circuits (electricity), in the end i settled on Greenhouse effect :/

Think about what i said and look at the Marking sheet here and then try to weigh up your topic with it.