CAS Project Ideas

SexySaxty

So I desperately need help on creating my own CAS project. I need an idea this month, so please, give me some ideas or ones that you are doing so I can get an idea of what to do! :surrender:

I ran a badminton club which was literally to kill time as i don't find it that attractive but that's something that females can do.

- Art club

- Tutor club

- Recycling (after school, maybe spending some time with your group to organize stuff around school every week)

- Running club

- Talent show

- Quiz competitions

etc...but i believe they have to be long term ones. Ask your CAS coordinator about this.

I know that some students last year built a playground for the Child Development classes offered at my school. Some other students also created a program where middle school students who had recently emigrated from Mexico could receive the tutoring necessary to succeed in classes taught in English. I guess it really depends on what kind of things your school/school district needs.

Check out some of the other CAS forums - they might give you inspiration for some ideas :D

Try getting a bunch of people in the same situation as you (as i'm presuming this is for your group project) and brainstorm some ideas.

For our group project, our team fundraised, created a lot of pencil cases, filled them with stationary and sent it to a charity for one of their projects. I recommend looking around to some of your local charities and see if they have any projects that you can take on :)

• 2 weeks later...

A very popular cas project my school or students did was-world challenge and similar where they gather support and money to buy equipment and funding to build houses for poor kids and orphans in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, India and Peru. They flew there on to help give them what they have gathered from donations and brought. They also ran fundraisers before to make the money to fly over. It is good because it demonstrates the IB learner profile and is also helpful when applying for scholarship as well as a good experience