SSST Language A: Oral Commentary

winvanseb

Yeah I'm here with another question to get things cleared up.

For my SSST Dutch A, I have my Oral Commentary coming up in March (Part 2, Detailed Study). But the procedure remains unclear to me ._.

My tutor, a Dutch teacher who teaches back in the Netherlands, says that the day I have my presentation, I will get two of the ten questions that I have prepared, and that I can choose one that I want to do my Oral Commentary on.

Another teacher, who supervises the SSST French, Greek and Spanish at my school, says that I will get one of the ten questions and that I will have to do my Commentary on that one...

Who can help me out? :D

Hei

I have French A and will have to do my oral commentary in march too.

As far as I know you will have two texts (or questions in your case) and will be able to choose one.

but to be sure, you can take a look at your syllabus: http://www.ibo.org/diploma/assessment/subjectoutlines/documents/d_1_a1lan_gui-out_1102_1b_e.pdf

normally it's the same for all A languages.

hm okay sounds reasonable.

I looked at the syllabus outline you sent, but that was the one for Lang & Lit, I'm doing just Lit. I looked up the syllabus for that one and all it says is:

Individual oral commentary (10 minutes)

Students present a formal oral commentary and answer subsequent questions on an extract from a work studied in part 2. (30 marks) (15%)

So I'm kind of lost, it doesn't say anything about two choices ._.

Edited by winvanseb

Nope, you are all wrong. If you are doing A1 Language: Literature you'll have studied poetry in the course and you'll be asked to analyse one of the poems that you have read on the oral. You will also, in addition, be asked to talk about one of the books that you have read and discuss them. Afterwards you'll be asked questions on the poems and the books.

Please see the attached IB guide for A1 Language: Literature for the details on all the commentaries and such you'll be doing. It is really helpful to look in the guides when you are unsure of the procedure of for example orals because it is all there in the syllabus guide. It is very clear there so take a look at it. http://www.ibsurviva...e-a-literature/

EDIT

@OP: Just realised that you are doing self-taught. What I am saying is only for A1 Language: Literature which is not self-taught. However, all the details on how the self-taught is done is in the guide that I linked earlier in my post. Please download that and take a look at it and it'll probably clear some doubts that you have up. If you think that the file is not available for download because you are not VIP you are wrong; all of the syllabus guides are available for download without being a VIP-member!

Good luck!

Edited by dniviE