Design lab ideas!

StandardToaster

So hello fellows!

I have searched the internet around to find any good ideas for a design lab in physics since my physics teacher told us today that we should perform the last design lab today (yeah, great planning I know) however we could also do it at home. However my fantasy sucks and since I'm not that good in physics either I have no idea what I should do, we have already done a "ball- design lab" and a "spring- design lab" but now we are allowed to do anything we want. Therefore I ask you if you can provide any help, like a lab with microwave or something and how this may be applied on physics? It would be great with like as many different ideas as possible :)

I did one on the size of the crater against the height from which the ball is dropped. It is fairly simple. You can try to find the acceleration of the ball (e.g the gravity = 9.8 N/kg). Or there's one which we will be doing, just to boost up our points, on bouncing ball...

There are many ideas on internet. If you google "physics IA" you will get so many ideas...don't plagiarize though because it's lame :P

Edited by shad0wboss

• 3 weeks later...

The paper helicopters lab is easy (though the trials are time consuming) and there is a lot you could talk about. You can measure (use as an independent variable) the length of the wings, the weight of the helicopter, the height from which it is dropped, etc. Make sure you have some theory, refer to the first couple of units in the syllabus and you'll surely find something helpful.