Literature Extended Essay Proposal

DayangSyahirah

ONi am a year 1 student and still struggling to search rq for my ee . I would like to do literature ON symbolism. Can anyone suggest me how to make a GOOD proposal that can convince a teacher to accept me as her / his advisee. And , what should i put on my introduction of proposal ? My teacher said something about justification and arguments in the introduction part of the proposal instead of description but i still dont get the picture .. Please help me

• Like 1

i would like to analyse some of the symbolism being used in charles discken's novel. but , the teacher , doesnt have a very good confident on me for my english language capability. But , she doensnt know my ability since she was not teaching my class. Is there any other way , I could do to make my proposal to look standout ? Any example or sample or advice maybe ,

Don't do it on literature lol. No offence but your English seems to be inadequate. My advice would be to avoid english literature. Why don't you do your essay in Malay?

i would like to analyse some of the symbolism being used in charles discken's novel. but , the teacher , doesnt have a very good confident on me for my english language capability. But , she doensnt know my ability since she was not teaching my class. Is there any other way , I could do to make my proposal to look standout ? Any example or sample or advice maybe ,

Don't do it on literature lol. No offence but your English seems to be inadequate. My advice would be to avoid english literature. Why don't you do your essay in Malay?

I agree... try doing an ee in Malay... you can do the same thing, point out the symbolism and other language techniques

• 4 months later...

ONi am a year 1 student and still struggling to search rq for my ee . I would like to do literature ON symbolism. Can anyone suggest me how to make a GOOD proposal that can convince a teacher to accept me as her / his advisee. And , what should i put on my introduction of proposal ? My teacher said something about justification and arguments in the introduction part of the proposal instead of description but i still dont get the picture .. Please help me

hi syahirah.. i am probably your senior. at MARA College Banting.. :) Not helping at all..

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. If your teacher has told you she doesn't think you can write an EE in English, then don't try. Writing an EE in a language you don't feel confident in will only result in a lower mark than if you had chosen your "mother tongue".

• 3 weeks later...

English EE is one of the difficult ones to score an A in, so if you're not proficient and fluent with the language you shouldn't take it. You cannot afford to lose marks on rudimentary components like grammar, vocabulary when the higher-order criteria such as analysis are already quite difficult to attain.