knowledge issue problem- truth in assumptions

Clauzy

i have a tok presentation to do and i want to know if my KI is strong enough to use. any help will we appreciated .

real life situation: : people immediately assumed I don’t understand Swedish because I am a foreigner

KI: how can the truth be gained from ssumptions.

A problem I foresee with this is the limited use of the Ways of Knowing. Your ToK presentation needs to be focused on the Ways of Knowing however I don't see how this is going to use them fully. 'Assumption' isn't a way of knowing. I know you could link in reasoning, perception, and emotion to it somehow but it would be limited and perhaps unconvincing unless you really know what you're doing with it!

It also might not be strong enough because it's difficult to address or answer, you can't really assess people's assumptions and what they're assuming.

i have a tok presentation to do and i want to know if my KI is strong enough to use. any help will we appreciated .

real life situation: : people immediately assumed I don’t understand Swedish because I am a foreigner

What about "how do we form our first impressions of strangers?"

Look at how we use the ways of knowing in order to get a first impression of something and then look at the pros and cons of how we use the ways of knowing and the traps you can fall into, as well as the benefits conferred by this rapid system of decision making. First impressions can be wrong but they can also be right - how much do we rely on them, should we rely on them and why?

That sort of thing would be very interesting, in my opinion.

What about "how do we form our first impressions of strangers?"

Look at how we use the ways of knowing in order to get a first impression of something and then look at the pros and cons of how we use the ways of knowing and the traps you can fall into, as well as the benefits conferred by this rapid system of decision making. First impressions can be wrong but they can also be right - how much do we rely on them, should we rely on them and why?

That sort of thing would be very interesting, in my opinion.

thanks i understand what i have to do now...