Another frequently asked question :)

Hello! I'm an IB student taking Business and Management SL, which is the subject i chose for my EE.

my question's just another frequently asked question..

Is my research question general or specific enough and appropriate for the EE? Can I write 4000 words with this question?

This is the question:

To what extent has the external environment affected Chinese Restaurant's decision to advance into the banquet hall market?

I'm planning to use a PEST analysis, Ansoff's matrix, and talk about change of management in my analysis.

Chinese Restaurant is a private limited company whose owner i am closely acquainted with, so background data won't be a problem.

I'm into my introduction in my EE, but I'm just worried/uncertain if i'm on the right track...If not i could turn back and modify my research question.

Thank you so much!!

I wouldn't base my EE in BMS solely on qualitative methods. If you do you're bound to get a low score unless it is an amazing essay or it is based on proven facts/quantitative analysis. Try using tools such as payback period and net present value- if you use a lot of maths then it is probably a good extended essay.