Extended essay on chemistry topic?

ibstudent024

My extended essay is on chemistry and I am examining the effects of lead in lipsticks. Basically my essay describes the Chemical Information, manufacturing process, human health implications, economics of lead , impact of lead on the environment, and ethical and moral implications of lead. Also, I conduct an experiment in the lab by testing the percent composition of lead in 3 lipsticks I chose. I was wondering what I should make my title so its more sophisticated than "the effects of lead on lipstick"... and also I had a question if the chemistry extended essay is suppose to be more "lab report" formatted or like a general essay on topic with support of some type of laboratory. My essay incorporates my experiment but not that much since it was a very small experiment and the data cannot really be furthered developed into being a complete extended essay.

Thanks!

I did my extended essay in bio, and yeah it should pretty much be a lab report, but i was told to do dcp normally, however your intro, hypothesis and conclusion should contain a lot of research. you'll need to go pretty deep and do extensive research. other than that the design should be normal aim variables how to control the variables and why they should be controlled, method is important! make it as detailed as possible so its idiot proof ;P ehm and your title should be detailed, addressing your variables and this should be in a question form... the aim should be a statement.

so for yours something along the lines of "What effect does different percentages of lead have on societal factors within cosmetic lipstick?" or something along those lines... you might wanna define the 'societal factors' so you were saying ethical implications etc... find a way to summarize that. also you might wanna name the brand of lipsticks you're looking at.

Btw super interesting ee topic! i like it! i do HL chem so if you need any more help let me know :) btw you need to include chemistry in your essay!!! make sure you look at for example the structure of lead, or what effects it can have when it combines with any other element or compound or something along those lines... you might wanna look at organic chem stuff. also include how your findings can contribute to society, how it can help etc. think outside of the box! good luck!!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...