Horrific mock to good final score?

cjy

Yes, it's possible. A friend of mine started off at 34 then 36 and ended up getting 43.

However, I don't care for success stories. They make people base their ability on other people's achievements a lot of the time. If you've looked over your exams then you'll have noticed your weak points so you can pay more attention to those in the future. Work on those, test yourself in the future and hopefully you'll see an improvement.

Yes, mocks are a good indicator of where you need to improve, if you catch it and fill the holes in your knowledge your marks should be better. Mind you universities in canada accept you based off mocks... So rather important on this side of the pond. What is it like in the U.K?

Well our predictions go on our application forms and then we get a conditional offer and we need to meet that offer. So I need 36

Well, I didn't really do terribly on my chemistry paper 2 mock, but I was a bit disappointed with a fairly high 6 on the paper. Went home, did a gazillion past exams and ended up getting 85/90 on the actual IB exam which was great.

Also my english paper 2 response on the mock was fairly despised by my teacher, it was quite comical, I think I got a borderline 5/6. Went home, several essays later I ended up getting 19/25 on the final IB exam which was enough I guess.

Moral of the story? You have two months and a bit to prepare, that's plenty of time. The mocks provide you with an indication of where your weaknesses lie and where you need to practice and improve immediately. Obviously if you have left 2 years worth of content for 2 months or so this will not suffice entirely. But, through frequent revision, consultation with your teachers and loads of past exams you can improve in time for exams to score much better hopefully.

• Like 1