BlackViolet

Actually, you should take what you like more, but I would recommend you take Option 2.

IB Economics HL is already at a very high level, which will help you a lot in university, and there is actually no big point in taking B&M HL as well, no university will ask for it, it you will learn quite much in SL as well. Also, as much as I heard English B HL is easier than B&M HL :)

Where do you want to study?

Oh, and personally I think English B is nicer than English A, but i believe you need to have one language A.

Edited by Kate Rodionova

As someone's mentioned, you've got to have at least one language A - you can't take both German B and English B - at least one of them will have to be A. In light of that, option 2 is the only one that you're actually allowed to do. Keep in mind that Physics HL is quite hard and a large burden - so you'll want to make your languages probably as easy as possible. But as attractive as option 2 sounds, I don't think you're allowed to do that. Would you consider doing German B HL and then doing English A SL?

I am not sure where I want to study yet but with such easy options scoring a high mark will be doable - which then leaves me the choice to apply where I want.

How is English B regarded though? Would I have a chance to get into Harvard or Yale with it if I score a 7?

Pretty sure those choices are far from "easy"...