A Rant and a place for anyone who made a stupid error

malkin

I am not sure where this discussion topic would be as it really doesnt talk about an exam or its answers in particular.

To start off, I guess this is a place where anyone who made a mindless error can come to and let it out and try to regroup.

I came out of my BIO HL Paper 2 today feeling great. I sort of thought it was a bit short as well. A friend comes up to me and asks ''Which question(S) did you do for part 2?.''

I reply with ''QUESTION(S)?''

If you havent caught on yet...I have just realized that I wrote only ONE of the TWO essay questions we were suppose to do.

This is the worst feeling in the world....when you know you studied hard and a little mistake costs you. I am extremely rattled now..and hope I passed paper 2...

On a lighter note, paper 1 was easy..and I still have paper 3 so I am trying to be optimistic.

A Scared IB Student,

Chris

If you havent caught on yet...I have just realized that I wrote only ONE of the TWO essay questions we were suppose to do.

Ouch! But just to let you know your not the only person that did that! My friend did it aswell! So my guess is there are quite a lot of people that make these mistakes, and plus as long as your other two papers are good you should come out with a pretty decent mark :D Theres always room for a few errors on every exam paper :angry:

EDIT: Plus you have your coursework/internal assessments so if they were good you should be ok, and not answering one of those extended answer responses is probably only ~5% overall.

Edited by ShiverShiva

I am not sure where this discussion topic would be as it really doesnt talk about an exam or its answers in particular.

To start off, I guess this is a place where anyone who made a mindless error can come to and let it out and try to regroup.

I came out of my BIO HL Paper 2 today feeling great. I sort of thought it was a bit short as well. A friend comes up to me and asks ''Which question(S) did you do for part 2?.''

This is the worst feeling in the world....when you know you studied hard and a little mistake costs you. I am extremely rattled now..and hope I passed paper 2...

On a lighter note, paper 1 was easy..and I still have paper 3 so I am trying to be optimistic.

A Scared IB Student,

Chris

I know the feeling, I did a similar mistake (I'm SL so we are just supposed to answer 1 question, however I didn't realise that one question means a, b, AND c.. haha), however I was lucky enough to encounter the problem during mocks exams, so during my real exams next year I will probably remember it. But the instructions isn't that clear, I wasn't the only one in my class who misunderstood the thingie.

My friend in Bio HL did the exactly same thing! So don't worry too much about it :) .

On another note, in the Chem SL exam, two of my other friends didn't realize that the last page of the exam was on the back cover of the booklet...ouch. (it was only worth 6 marks though, it shouldn't do mcuh to their mark, considering one of the guys was predicted a 7 :P )

ya, uh, too many to count already LoL

check chem sl paper 3, and history HL paper 3 sections for details LoL

o, and to add to the list, when I did my french paper 1, I didn't read the instructions for one part where it asked to search within lines 1-14 of the text for something.. I used the entire article, until I realized 5 mins til the end that I was only supposed to use the first 14 lines :P

Edited by cixelsyD