Books worth reading?

M.A

1984 :) awesome read

Twilight and Diary of a Wimpy Kid!

haha, jk

Some good books i've been reading recently include Conrad's Heart of Darkness, All Quiet on the Western Front and Verne's From the Earth to the Moon. All of those books are really great stuff!

It's sad you even consider something like twilight literature *sigh*

My favourite 'literary' books would probably be The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and The Magus by John Fowles.

In terms of books to read just because you love reading, if you don't mind a bit of fantasy, all of the trilogies by Robin Hobb are un-put-downable, brilliant stories. I think they're the books I get the most happiness from reading! If you can get completely captured by a good fantasy novel, I personally find that the most satisfying genre to just sit down and chill out with.

I suppose I have plenty of suggestions but it really depends on what sort of stuff you like to read. Science books, fantasy, science-fiction, bog standard fiction, satirical, factual, autobiographies, crime, horror, thrillers, romance novels... what floats your boat? :P

• Like 1

Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I'm just finishing it now, and though the language isn't so challenging, the plot, characters and whole concept is truly amazing.

Also, I'm in love with Markus Zusak ever since I read the Book Thief. A book everyone should read before they die.

haha, jk

Some good books i've been reading recently include Conrad's Heart of Darkness, All Quiet on the Western Front and Verne's From the Earth to the Moon. All of those books are really great stuff!

Notice how I added the "jk" which stands for just kidding... *sigh* :)

haha, jk

Notice how I added the "jk" which stands for just kidding... *sigh* :)

I know but even in a joke... soz im like really anti-Twilight :)

Personally, I love Harry Potter even though I hate fantasy in general. I'm also quite impressed with Stephen Fry, Ian McEwan (though not with some of his newer stuff!) and Virginia Woolf in terms of modern authors. I have to say though my passion is for Austen, Bronte and Sherlock Holmes. There have probably been more books I've been impressed with, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• Like 2

haha, jk

Hahahha you scared me there... I will definitely check them out!

My favourite 'literary' books would probably be The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and The Magus by John Fowles.

In terms of books to read just because you love reading, if you don't mind a bit of fantasy, all of the trilogies by Robin Hobb are un-put-downable, brilliant stories. I think they're the books I get the most happiness from reading! If you can get completely captured by a good fantasy novel, I personally find that the most satisfying genre to just sit down and chill out with.

I suppose I have plenty of suggestions but it really depends on what sort of stuff you like to read. Science books, fantasy, science-fiction, bog standard fiction, satirical, factual, autobiographies, crime, horror, thrillers, romance novels... what floats your boat? :P

I will check them out! Haha would you believe me if I told you that I read anything? Don't like sticking to a specific genre :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...