• Create Account

Important Announcement!

All May 2014 candidates... IBSurvival Free Revision Sessions is now officially up and running for this exam session! Head over to Facebook and like the page, share it with your school friends and we will do our best to coach you from the beginning of your revision right up until the end :P

Question regarding the TOK and extended essay points added to the diploma?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Fiorella

Fiorella
So even after a year and half of doing the IB I'm still confused about this...lol. So my EE supervisor predicted me an A (6 on the IB scale I believe) for my essay and I honestly think I did REALLY well on it...so I'm counting on that A. However, my TOK essay well...my teacher predicted me a C- (I think this is a 4?) which obviously is not nearly as good as my ee prediction but honestly I'm just not a good TOK writer. Anyway, based on the predicted results, how many points would get added to my diploma? And if I get a letter grade lower (say a B on my ee and a C on my tok essay)?

Thanks in advance for clearing up confusion!

Edited by Fiorella, Mar 11, 2013 - 03:51.

khimberleigh

khimberleigh
  • VIP
  • Glorious
  • 234 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 AM
  • Exams: Nov 2013
  • Australia
The EE and ToK grade doesn't convert to and 'IB grade' (1-7), an A is an A and a C is a C.

There is a matrix which tells you the points you'll get for your ToK and EE grade which looks something like this:

Tok
A B C D
EE A 3 3 2 2
B 3 2 1 1
C 2 1 1 0
D 2 1 0 0

So based on your predicted results of an A for your EE and a C for Tok you would get 2 bonus points which is pretty good.
If you get a B on your EE and a C on ToK you would get 1 bonus point

Edited by khimberleigh, Mar 11, 2013 - 04:05.

Gaby

Gaby
  • Global Moderator
  • IBS Chief
  • 687 posts
  • Local time: 10:24 PM
  • Exams: May 2013
  • Poland
Automatic generated message
This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question answered

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
IB Survival Staff