• Create Account

To All NOV 2015 candidates: Exam discussion are only allowed 24 HOURS AFTER the exam. This is not a forum rule, it's an IBO exam regulation and so it's our obligation to report any violation to the IBO, which may result in serious consequences for the offenders, losing their diploma included.

Question regarding the TOK and extended essay points added to the diploma?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

So even after a year and half of doing the IB I'm still confused about this...lol. So my EE supervisor predicted me an A (6 on the IB scale I believe) for my essay and I honestly think I did REALLY well on it...so I'm counting on that A. However, my TOK essay well...my teacher predicted me a C- (I think this is a 4?) which obviously is not nearly as good as my ee prediction but honestly I'm just not a good TOK writer. Anyway, based on the predicted results, how many points would get added to my diploma? And if I get a letter grade lower (say a B on my ee and a C on my tok essay)?

Thanks in advance for clearing up confusion!

Edited by Fiorella, Mar 11, 2013 - 03:51.

• VIP
  • IBS Rising Star
  • 304 posts
The EE and ToK grade doesn't convert to and 'IB grade' (1-7), an A is an A and a C is a C.

There is a matrix which tells you the points you'll get for your ToK and EE grade which looks something like this:

EE A 3 3 2 2
B 3 2 1 1
C 2 1 1 0
D 2 1 0 0

So based on your predicted results of an A for your EE and a C for Tok you would get 2 bonus points which is pretty good.
If you get a B on your EE and a C on ToK you would get 1 bonus point

Edited by khimberleigh, Mar 11, 2013 - 04:05.

• Supervisor
  • IBS Cynosure
  • 865 posts
Automatic generated message
This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question answered

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
IB Survival Staff