• Create Account

Question regarding the TOK and extended essay points added to the diploma?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Fiorella

Fiorella
So even after a year and half of doing the IB I'm still confused about this...lol. So my EE supervisor predicted me an A (6 on the IB scale I believe) for my essay and I honestly think I did REALLY well on it...so I'm counting on that A. However, my TOK essay well...my teacher predicted me a C- (I think this is a 4?) which obviously is not nearly as good as my ee prediction but honestly I'm just not a good TOK writer. Anyway, based on the predicted results, how many points would get added to my diploma? And if I get a letter grade lower (say a B on my ee and a C on my tok essay)?

Thanks in advance for clearing up confusion!

Edited by Fiorella, Mar 11, 2013 - 03:51.

khimberleigh

khimberleigh
  • VIP
  • Incredible
  • 262 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 AM
  • Exams: Nov 2013
  • Australia
The EE and ToK grade doesn't convert to and 'IB grade' (1-7), an A is an A and a C is a C.

There is a matrix which tells you the points you'll get for your ToK and EE grade which looks something like this:

Tok
A B C D
EE A 3 3 2 2
B 3 2 1 1
C 2 1 1 0
D 2 1 0 0

So based on your predicted results of an A for your EE and a C for Tok you would get 2 bonus points which is pretty good.
If you get a B on your EE and a C on ToK you would get 1 bonus point

Edited by khimberleigh, Mar 11, 2013 - 04:05.

Gaby

Gaby
  • Global Moderator
  • IBS Master
  • 712 posts
  • Local time: 11:30 PM
  • Exams: May 2013
  • Poland
Automatic generated message
This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question answered

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
IB Survival Staff