Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lvch95

Neuroscience - SAT Math 1 or Math 2?

Hello survivors!

I am thinking about studying neuroscience. Do you think I should take Math 1 or Math 2 as the SAT Subject Test?

Thanks

Maths 2 because it's meant to be more challenging. Also neuroscience is very much based on precision kind of like maths. I'm guessing showing a high level of maths can only have positive implications, as well as making your application a little more competitive.

Yeah, I agree with ChocolateDrop. I think for a subject like neuroscience, a high proficiency in maths is recommended. And, seeing that you are taking HL Maths, I don't think it'll be that much of a challenge for you.

I don't know what level of Maths you should take, but I can assure you that a high level of maths is not particularly relevant to neuroscience in practice. To be honest Biology is the most relevant thing. Whether it goes down well on an application is another question entirely, of course xP

Take Math2 . With Math HL under your belt, you should not have any problems with it. Also, it's easier to score higher in Math2.