Best Colleges for Becoming a criminal attorney

Djwelsh98

Aha! Fellow law-course-pursuer!

Jokes aside, where do you intend to study law in? The United States? I intend to finish mine here in Australia and practice it here as well. When you narrow down where exactly you want to study law at, then you can begin shortlisting universities that you want to try to be accepted into.

(:

• 1 month later...

As the others have said, what you do for your Bachelors degree really doesn't matter. Just make sure that you get good grades, so that you can get into a good law school. In your Junior/Senior year, or whenever you apply to law school, you'll need to take the LSAT. Remember the SAT? It's kind of like that, but on steroids.

If you want to study criminology, my university (Florida State University) has an excellent program and is within the top 10 programs in the U.S.

I would really stay away from a pure pre-law major. They always seemed odd to me, because if you don't get into law school you're really done for lol.

Anyways, the most popular majors for undergraduates that I've seen for people wanting to go to law school are English, Political Science, Business, and Criminology/social sciences.

You can take any major, and you'll learn your appropriate skills for your field of law in Law School or in internships. Unless you want to go into a highly specialized field, like Tax Law, any major will do.