Music HL Performance

Guest Skyrior

Guest Skyrior

Hi guys

I just want to know if any of you know any sample for a 7 in performance for Music HL. I'm depressed because I have Diploma ATCL Recital, Merit in piano, and when I played that piece (Estampes - Pagodes by Debussy, actually an LTCL piece), my music teacher was like: "meh...maybe just barely a 5", and I spent the rest of the entire lesson trying to suppress my rage. Oh well, I do hope that a 7 or even a 6 in a performance is not like professional orchestra standard or else that would be retarded. I'm doing extremely well in all other subjects and so I fail to see how I could only get 4 and 5 currently...I always tried my best..so yeah...thanks for any tips.

(lol, description for LTCL: The standard of performance is equivalent to the performance component on completion of a full-time undergraduate course at a conservatoire or other higher education establishment.)

The performance is internally assessed but externally moderated. What this means is that it is first marked by the teacher and then sent off to an external IB marker to check that the mark is correct.

It is important to know that the performance is being marked as a whole, rather than the individual pieces. They only will give you a mark out of 20 on the entire 20 minute presentation. I've attached the criteria sheet - it may prove to be useful.

Link to criteria sheet