Is two weeks enough to study for the math SL exam?

howerabin

I'm so nervous because I spent most of my time studying for my physics exam, since I'm **** at physics, and up til now I've mostly neglected math. I'm really good at math though; I've been predicted at a 96. But still, I've only really covered matrices, and I still have so much to do.Is two weeks enough time to cover everything?

Two weeks should be plenty of time for you to study. I recommend devoting five days for calculus, and five days of everything else (matrices, prob, data management? vectors), and spending the last few days in covering things you're not confident, and doing past exams. Be careful of any syllabus changes from year to year.

Ask your IB coordinator for them. Read the syllabus and know what was covered for your cohort year, know which formulas are on the formula sheet you're given, what they're used for and where they are. The key to doing well in this course is to do the work. Just try to plan your time that you can comfortably review everything you need.

If you've been doing well consistently in maths, I don't see why you can't study in two weeks. I would recommend you spend 1 day (as in a good 4-5 hours, or however much you can do) per topic. Then, that should leave you at least a few days to either do full practice past papers or to revise extra questions you're not sure about. And yep, as mentioned above, your teachers can probably give you past papers and mark-schemes, or you can try some internet digging yourself.

• Like 1

I think so yes; make sure that you UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING, EVERY GODDAMED CONCEPT, SIDE POINTS, and make sure that you have a healthy routine and do as much problems (not the easy ones, skip them) as you possibly can and analyse the markscheme,

develop your own strategy

Thanks for the tips everyone. :) Yes, I have been doing fairly consistently in math, with my lowest mark being a 5. LOL and I will remember to study EVERYTHING, although I will study the stuff I know well with a little less intensity, obviously. But I will have to step up my game for stats and probability. Is stats and probability usually a big portion of the exam?