Economics IA graph

Hello,

I am currently taking Economics HL, and writing my IA based on microeconomics.

I was wondering about the graph, but my teacher has told my class to write the graph on our Computers.

What I have thought is that how am I suppose to draw a graph on the computer? I have tried by using paint, though it sort of failed miserably...

Is there any way or easy way to draw a graph for Economics IA??

You could use word. Like drawing lines. It's a little time consuming but once you have your micro graphs it might be useful to save them so that it can be reused in your future IAs. Or maybe save a general graph (axes and one demand curve and supply curve) and you can add on to it next time.

I did mine using Word, it does take a tad of time but should be no problem. Just remember to first configure a Drawing Canvas or otherwise you cannot copy/move the diagram as a whole but have to readjust every single line.

Another option is to use a special program for doing this, they exist but I cannot say anything as I did not use one on any of my IAs. Thirdly, if you find a suitable diagram, you may copy it provided that you appropriately source quote it, for details, check the Economics guide or ask your teacher.

Use Google Drive and then make a drawing there; it is way more powerful than the Word-drawing app or Paint for Windows. Go to gmail.com make an account (or log in if you already have on). When logged in click on "Drive" on the black bar that is on top of the webpage. When there, click "Create" (red box on left side of the webpage) and choose "Drawing". Start drawing using the lines tools and you'll make great economics diagrams in no time! Alternatively, if you have a Mac you could use OmniGraphSketcher (https://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraphsketcher/). I can't reccommend this piece of software stronger; it is an amazing tool for making Economics graphs!

I attached a quick example of what I made in Google Drive with the Drawing function. Pretty neat, eh?

post-96096-0-16738800-1368433054_thumb.j

Edited by dniviE
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...