Answer Format - Business & Management HL Paper I & Paper II

Should the answers be point-wise with some explanation for each point or in paragraph form?

Plus, I always end up having time constraints while attempting the last few 10 marks because I spend too much time writing those initial 8-mark questions. Is there some minimum amount of points that would suffice and still get me full marks?

Look at the markscheme for any year. At the beginning of each markscheme you can see the instructions for each examiner. Basically it means that you have to put a lot of terminology, concepts (from your syllabus) and connection to case-study (basically the name of the company, its problems and what this particular company can do).

I had the same problem as you, and ideally I would have liked to put some bullets points for each answer and thats it. However, that is not really wise move, maybe unless you have 10m. left before the exam finish. If you have more time than that, the best thing is to write your answer as short bulletpoints on a scrap piece of paper, and then write your final answer as normal evaluation (essay-type), including those points but as sentences. This would minimize your time, and also give the examiner an impression of a solid "full-of-meat" analysis that they look for.

PS Sometimes I also do a little mindmap to quickly find as many concepts as pos to maximize my marks.

• Like 1