Psych EE- Repressed Memories- Help!?

TheGreatPumpkin

So my supervisor is extremely unhelpful, she doesn't know anything and then is her first EE to supervise. So my question is:

To what extent are repressed memories relaible in cases of sexual abuse in children and the memories discovered decades later?

Should the structure be something similar to a LAQ question in psych? LIke defining the command term, stating what repressed memories are, blah, blah, blah?

No they don't really follow the format of a LAQ, there is a definite structure to it. Everything should have been provided by your supervisor including the EE handbook for students.

http://cranepsych.edublogs.org/extended-essay/sample-ees/

theres some very good examples on this site, use the same type of structure to organize yours :)

Thanks! My supervisor hasn't given me anything, I have barely even seen her. She is the librarian so she said she doesn't really want to see anything but the works cited and in-text citations. So, I am pretty much having to do this by myself so the help is much appreciated. :)

I know what you mean lol, my supervisor was actually a psychology teacher but she had no idea what to do for it. She didnt help at all, so I ended up figuring everything out on my own.

http://www.fcps.edu/RobinsonSS/ib/pdf/Extended%20Essay%20Subject%20Guidelines.pdf

Theres the EE student guide in psychology. Any questions you might have would be answered in that. You can message me anytime if you have some other doubts. :)