ITGS Extended Essay

Karan888

Hey guys, so i'm doing my extended essay on ITGS, on the topic of surveillance. My research question is : What is the affect of high-tech bio metric surveillance on people's privacy in the UK? Is it a good RQ? Do you guys have any tips for me? It would be really helpful if you could guide me on what i should discuss and what i should keep in mind, If there's anything that i should avoid or not do. Thanks =)

"Affect on privacy" is narrowing your topic too much. I don't think you would want to use 4000 words to describe the affect on people's privacy. And why say 'high-tech'? I doubt a ITGS teacher would like to see you using that terminology.

I can't give you a lo of suggestions but I would recommend throughly introducing biometric systems and and they do/would work for UK citizens. Conduct interviews with key personnel involved in this technology field Maybe talk to some UK lawyers who are familiar with privacy laws. Read up on biometric IT systems.

Start by doing research then move onto putting your thoughts down on paper and be sure to back up any claim you make.

• 3 weeks later...