Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatfatchoi

Should I take English Literature SL?

Hi, I am wondering if Enlgish Literature would be ok for me.

I am in yr 10 now and I got a 6/7 in MYP English Phase 5 (English B extended),

If i take English Literature SL next year,

is it going to be a big jump for my level?

I

I don't know...everyone in my lit class got 7s in MYP english A and it's their first language (except for me), so there are only 5 people in my class. On the other hand, there are 4 language and literature classes, where all the English B 'movers' go or people who aren't that strong with the language. Do whatever you think is right because although it's going to be a huge jump from English B (seemingly), if you think you are good enough, go for it. You could go with lang&lit, which I personally think is the best option for you and normally universities don't differentiate english a1 and a2.

I want to take Language and LIterature, but my school put it in group 2, which I cannot take it in group1....as my first language (chinese) sucks....

I want to take Language and LIterature, but my school put it in group 2, which I cannot take it in group1....as my first language (chinese) sucks....

what do you mean? English Lang&Lit is by the IBO a group 1 subject, your school just can't put it in group 2 by themselves. Even Chinese Lang&Lit is a group 1 subject

I know...my school said its the timetable problem...and I talked with the IBO website and they said its your school problem....

Personally, I wouldn't suggest it as English Literature is difficult to do well on. I believe only 1% of the HL students got a 7 in this course last year.

I would only take Literature if it's your first language and you like to read/write/talk a lot.