Chances at Cornell and UPenn

kehsibad

Hey guys!

Could you please let me know my chances at Cornell and University of Pennsylvania if I were to apply with Early Decision for Chemical Engineering

SAT1

SATII

Chemistry - 760

Physics - 750

Math I - 800

Math II - 780

G.P.A

3.74/4

Course Rigour

I am currently taking IB diploma

Extracurriculars

Started a Tutoring Club (Running it for 2 years)

Set up a Table Tennis Club (Running it for 2 years)

Set up and running an Education for all club (where we help teach locals at government schools)

Model United Nations (MUN) - 2 years

School Tennis Club - 2 years

Environmental Club - 3 years

Started a high school comedy club - 1 year

High school badminton club - 1 year

Photography Club - 1 year

Cinema club - 1 year

Part of a slum help programme - Over two summers for around a total of 200 hours

Taught at a spastics School - Total of 10 working weeks in India over 2 summers

Lead a Blood Drive in India over summer for a week

Helped teach at a government school in India - 6 weeks over two winter breaks

Over 700 hours of community service

If I were to have decent essays and good teacher recommendations from my physics and chemistry teachers, could you please let me know my chances at those two colleges so I will apply to them accordingly.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Edited by kehsibad

Your grades and extra-curriculars look fine. An important thing to consider is if you're not an american citizen or permanent resident is, how much money will you be able to pay and how much aid would you ask for? Cornell and Penn are both need-aware for international students and so, applying for aid affects your chances quite severely. Penn is full need so if they admit you, they will give you what you ask for. I don't think cornell is though, so I think they might admit you and give you less aid.

• Like 1

Cornell: good chance

Upenn: Not as much.

You probably wont get aid (depends on your financial situations).

Oh and don;t expect to get in unless your Essays are top notch as well.

While your grades and extracurriculars look fantastic, I'm afraid you'll have to have stellar essays to get in because your SAT I score is a bit low for Ivy League. Normally, Ivy League schools only accept students with 2250 at the minimum.

Not true. I am at an ivy league and I got 2050. I know someone with an 1800 who is at an ivy as well. SATs are less important with stronger ECs and academics. With internationals, they tend to be a little bit more lenient because they know that you're not used to that system of testing.