I would say English Language and Lit is one of the more easier subjects of the IB, and is really something you will be able to score well in. You will just need to practice and focus on the lessons. In my course I read the Importance of Being Earnest, Kite Runner, the Great Gatsby, and Pygmalion( But I only did SL, HL is only a step above this in terms of difficulty) And trust me as long as you enjoy the book you're reading...the written tasks, IOC's, and paper 2 will become much easier. So don't get discouraged! It's really a great and enjoyable subject :) Talk to to your teacher whenever you need help, it'll become much easier from there.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great subject. Originally I wanted to do Literature but my school cancelled it so I was stuck with Language and Lit. :chair:

It's a fascinating subject, however, and gives a really holistic literary education.

The various assignments unique to this subject, such as the FOA allows for you to choose a topic of interest and pursue it.

It's really interesting, and if you like to read write and speak, it's a good subject for you.

All the best. :blowkiss: