Preparation for HL English

As above, you really don't need to do anything at all for HL English! I don't think reading other books will help you particularly. If you can get a list of the books you're going to be reading for your course in school then you could always read some in advance, but there's ample time to read them during the year and it might keep them more fresh in your mind that way. Or you could read them twice, but that might be a bit boring :P I found it no problem at all to read the books during the year - actually some of the books I didn't even read on my own because we went through them in tedious detail in the lessons so it minimised repetition & boredom just to let it happen that way. You'll have a LOT of time to consider these books, don't worry! Too much time, even.

It's already been said, but I agree, that there aren't really any books you can read that will particularly help you in the class.

If you're still worried that you won't be prepared, check your teacher's website and those of other teachers to get some pointers on annotation, the IOP, the IOC, and the Written Assignment, just so you don't have as many surprises during the year.

Good luck!