Is my IA question too obvious?

callithumpian

Yes, it is an obvious question. As a default position, avoid anything related to the World Wars and the Cold War because chances are it's already been done to death.

Also, your question is more than 'obvious', in my opinion, it's redundant: "To what extent is persecuting homosexuals justified...?" Answer: It isn't justified to persecute anyone due to their sexuality.

• Like 1

Its obvious. You need to look at this scenario from another perspective.

You approach this question by exploring what factors made Hitler think that the justification for persecution of homosexuals was evident. You can analyse the causes and reasons for the persecution, rather than approaching a wholesome justification for the persecution. This way, you can look at it from the perspective of the Nazis, the victims and the global community.

Multiple perspectives may do your IA some good, but remember not to state a cause or reason baltantly. Analyse, Analyse, Analyse!!! Thats how the IB loves it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, I guess this is your new thread, I responded in the old one, I think. In case you don't check that, let me repost it here:

Alternatively, if you're interested in homosexuals throughout history but want to stay away from a cliche topic (I'm afraid the ones you're looking at have been done hundreds of times), consider looking at other issues on this, such as Harvey Milk. Perhaps you could compare how his biography and the movie Milk portray his character differently? (If you don't know about him, he was the first openly gay elected official in the US, and was later shot along with the mayor - hugely controversial, very interesting). Or perhaps you like ancient history and could pose the question as to whether the claims that famous figures such as Socrates, Lord Byron, Edward II or Hadrian were homosexual? These are just a few ideas continuing down the homosexual line (there's heaps heaps more), I just fear that if you do WWII questions like this you are writing on topics that really should be avoided (overdone and you probably won't be able to bring anything new or exciting to the table). Happy writing!

• 3 weeks later...