Teaching English as a Second Language

the blonde one

I'm not biased or anything, going to UoT, but they have a ton of language programmes. I was personally looking at some of the translations ones. I'm sure they will have something that will set you on that path. That being said as far as I know, you have to be a teacher to do that job. That would require both a degree and going to teachers college, just a heads up!

I'm not biased or anything, going to UoT, but they have a ton of language programmes. I was personally looking at some of the translations ones. I'm sure they will have something that will set you on that path. That being said as far as I know, you have to be a teacher to do that job. That would require both a degree and going to teachers college, just a heads up!

Thanks for the info on UofT! And actually I think you don't need teacher's college to teach in other countries - but if I were to teach in my own area I would. It's confusing haha, still trying to figure it out. But even if I wanted to teach ESL in other countries it would be smart to go to teacher's college too as a back up kinda thing

It's quite common here to do a TEFL course here in order to teach english during your gap year or whatever. I really wanted to do one because they only have jobs for people who are qualified, as a rule (and understandably, I guess!) but they are very expensive. Even the ones at University (at least at mine) you have to pay £££ hundreds for.

I don't know if you need a university degree to do a lot of TEFL courses, to be honest. Most courses here are private and give you the same qualification at the end. University-run courses are exactly the same but often much more expensive. Perhaps it's different in Canada but when I researched it, that's how it was.