Hi guys!

My subjects:

Chemistry HL

Biology HL

English B HL

Economics SL

Swedish SL

Maths SL

How do you think I should arrange my schedule every day, for example; 30min chemistry, 30min BIology, 20min English etc...

I am struggling a lot with chemistry and Biology but not sure how much time I have to spend to get a 5 in them.

How did your daily schedule look when you did the IB?

Best Regards

Although it is a good idea to have a schedule, it's never going to work out as exactly 30 mins per subject per day. You are going to need to spend more time on the subjects you are struggling with and you are going to want to spend more time on the subjects you are good at. I am in my second year of the IB and i find that going over all my notes every night works best (that usually takes about an hour) and then working on any assessment i have. But it's really all about finding something that works for you. GOOD LUCK!

• Like 2

I just watched TV, did some exercise, ate my dinner and chilled out unless I had some work to hand in. As an example of how it depends on the person! I revised like crazy before exams but not throughout the whole IB. So, I'd say forget timings and whatnot and just focus on goals. If your goal is to have read over everything you did in a lesson the evening that you had the lesson, then it's more or less "how long is a piece of string?". What if it takes you longer than 30 minutes to read over it, does that mean you just forget everything after 30 minutes? Hopefully not! Just finish off the things you have set yourself as goals to do. If it takes you an hour to read over something, spend an hour.

Or, if you don't find it necessary to read over things, you could do nothing :P Which is more or less what I did - I mean, are you going to remember the stuff you read in the January of IB1 for the May exams of IB2? Why not just read over it closer to the May exams when it'll actually stick in your head for the time you need it?

Goal-directed learning is infinitely more effective than randomly allotting yourself times for things. Otherwise you'd never finish doing anything that took you longer than X minutes! Minutes are not = learning. Only learning is = to learning, regardless of the time it takes. My advice is forget about times and just focus on finishing off whatever you find useful and necessary to your learning and future success.

• Like 4

Well Chem HL and Bio HL are both kind of time consuming (practicals + quite a lot of theory) but I think it's manageable as long as you revise the topics that you are not grasping very well. If you see that some are really easy and they stick in your mind, dont bother going over them (You already know them! You are losing time! -unless there's more stuff that is connected to that topic that you dont understand- ), you should try to revise for courses you dont get "along with".

If you get assignments with long deadlines, distribute them along that time sensibly so that you cant complete them separately (and stress free). Just think that your deadline has been set to a date and that you need to finish it by then. If you have more time after that, go over your essay/paper/report etc! It is always better to write the paper, leave around a day or two and then re-read it, check it and edit out/in everything that you can notice after "resting" the assignment.

Good luck!