[IA] B&M HL

Hello!

My reasearch question is: "How can students’ satisfaction be improved at the International High School of the Gothenburg Region (IHGR)?"

I wil use SWOT Analysis and 7Ps marketing mix. I am trying to start doing a questionnaire, but I must admit.. I'm stuck. Would u be so kind and tell me what questions you would put in the questionnaire?

Thanks in advance.

Well, your aim for the B&M IA is to answer the research question. To do that, you need to find out whether there is/what students are currently unsatisfied with, what students think could be improved, and what new things they would like (which would increase their satisfaction). So possible questions could all be in the form of "How satisfied are you with _____?" and have it multiple choice from "very satisfied" to "very unsatisfied". E.g. class sizes, classroom furtniture, teachers, and the school overall.. not really sure exactly what might be relevant for you. Then you could also have a general question about what new things they would like to see in the school so if they've got ideas they'll jot it down. Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

Thanks to you, I change my target a bit and prepared some questions. I'd appreciate it if you could catch a glimpse of it:

"How are you satisfied with the level of teaching at IHGR?

Very satisfied satisfied poorly satisfied unsatisfied

How are you satisfied with the school environment?

Are you content with the choice of school?

Yes No

How satisfied are you with class sizes?

How satisfied are you with the school equipment (library, furniture, computers, internet access, health care)?

Do you feel safe at IHGR?

How satisfied are you with the staff working at IHGR?

How satisfied are you with people studying at IHGR?

How would you assess the responsiveness of the staff at IHGR (help, support)?

Very good good poor very poor

How satisfied are you with the access to the school? Is it hard to get to IHGR?

What would you change?

What are the biggest strengths of IHGR? "

Out of the questionnaire -> what would you add? what kind of quesitons? What would you change?

Edited by Michał H.

I'm glad it helped!

I think it might be a good idea to put a neutral option in between satisfied and poorly satisfied? & well I think for most surveys the options are usually: Very satisfied, satisfied, neutral/neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, dissatisfied and very dissatified. I think that would sound better than the 4 options you have now. and similarly with the very good to very poor scale - it could be a good idea to put a neutral kind of option in the middle?
I realise in my first post I wrote 'unsatisfied' instead of 'dissatisfied' but I think dissatisfied sounds better? Up to you though, I'm not exactly sure if the difference is important or not.

Also, make sure every question makes sense. I.e. With the first 2 questions you have "How are you satisfied with" when it might sound better as "How satisfied are you with" (like the rest of the questions).
I think you could reword this: "Are you content with the choice of school?" as it sounds like an awkward question/not sure if it makes sense.
Similarly with this one: "How satisfied are you with people studying at IHGR?" not sure what exactly you mean by 'people studying'..

Overall it looks good though :) I can't think of much else to add. Maybe you could question how satisfied they are with extracurricular activities offered at the school? though again, not sure if that will be relevant for you/your school.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's great! (that you've got feedback). :)

So firstly, I'm no expert, and whatever worked for me might not necessarily work for you. :) I don't know if you've already done the research proposal and action plan or not? I actually did that first because my teacher made us (which was a good thing). If you haven't done that yet, I'd start with that because then you can plan what other tools you'll be using and recognise how that'll help you to answer the RQ.

For the actual written report.. I feel like where you start actually depends on you.. I mean, I think I wrote the Intro, RQ and Procedure/Method sections first, then summarised my main findings before analysing/discussing them. (Conclusion & Executive Summary went last of course). At the same time, it's probably just as possible to do the Main Findings & Analysis/Discussion first, then write your intro/procedure/methods sections. So it's kind of up to you on what you feel like doing first?

For the feedback you've gotten, you should probably summarise it in the main findings. You could consider putting the data in a table, or drawing up some pie charts? Or maybe just summarising it in word form.. i.e. "80%/20 out of 25 of people were satisfied with the teachers, but only 20%/5 out of 25 were satisfied with class sizes." Then in analysis/discussion I guess you could talk about what were the main aspects people were very dissatisfied with and work out how these could be improved. So this is all just my thoughts, and I'm not sure if it's exactly what you were looking for.. but hope this helps? If you get stuck, don't forget to ask your teacher for help because they're meant to guide you? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But your question might be a little bit broad. What satisfaction is there to be improved? I'm saying this because my teacher warned me about that. You should be as specific as you can. What he said to me was "Should firm x undertake Y in order to achieve Z."

So it might be something narrower like this maybe.

But still, if you're teacher's okay, then go with it!

Hello!
My reasearch question is: "How can students’ satisfaction be improved at the International High School of the Gothenburg Region (IHGR)?"
I wil use SWOT Analysis and 7Ps marketing mix. I am trying to start doing a questionnaire, but I must admit.. I'm stuck. Would u be so kind and tell me what questions you would put in the questionnaire?
Thanks in advance.
Edited by elo11