Economics Extended Essay HELP

AGautam

Hey guys! I need some help deciding my economics EE topic. I need an idea that allows me to use surveys to collect primary data. Hopefully, it will be something I can survey students with rather than adults and such. One idea that I really liked was how laptops are being fazed out with the introduction of tablets. With this, you can survey students, apply microeconomic and potentially even macroeconomic theory. Unfortunately, I can't do this because someone at my school did it last year. I have to think of something else. Any suggestions?

Hey guys! I need some help deciding my economics EE topic. I need an idea that allows me to use surveys to collect primary data. Hopefully, it will be something I can survey students with rather than adults and such. One idea that I really liked was how laptops are being fazed out with the introduction of tablets. With this, you can survey students, apply microeconomic and potentially even macroeconomic theory. Unfortunately, I can't do this because someone at my school did it last year. I have to think of something else. Any suggestions?

digital cameras and smartphones? i think fewer people buy digital cams these days.. decline in the demand for dvds from movie libraries maybe? because of piracy?

• 2 weeks later...

Movie tickets- different prices on certain days and at certain timings. You could investigate PED through surveys, and look at the determinants of PED. That data can be used to perhaps predict the highest possible price at which total revenue would still be maximum. Also, you could consider MC and MR curves.

Otherwise, international schools- fees and number of places. You could look at PED, perfect competition, YED, etc.