2014 TOK Essay, prescribed titles

Molly Wilding

I'm working my essay on the 4th topic, but I'm having some trouble with the AOK's examples... I would like focusing on history and human or natural science but I don't remember any specific example thats not a cliche like Galileo... can someone provide me with ideas? I'm really lost and my final draft is due tuesday :(

It would be best if you did yours on areas that you are comfortable with, do you do both history & science at IB? I did this question on the natural & the human sciences. The trick is to use specific examples, don't mention general ideas like the earth was believed to be flat, and I think it would be best to steer away from theories of evolution and such. But remember, this question specifically asks for knowledge issues, not ways of knowing. Don't fall into the trap of talking about knowledge discarded and giving several examples, the point is to focus on the term knowledge (which you need to define, and keep away from dictionary definitions) and knowledge issues such as the gaining of knowledge etc. You use examples to back up your arguments for your knowledge issues. good luck! :)

• Like 1