Biology EE bacterial growth in reusing plastic water bottles

Deer

I'm doing my EE in biology on the bacterial growth that comes with reusing water bottles without washing them properly. I will give 10 students in my class a water bottle to drink during the day and they would return it at the end of the day where I can take a swipe for bacteria culturing. Then, I would refill the water bottles from the same source of water and give it to them for the next day. In total, the bottle will be refilled 5 times.

So my research question is...

How would the number of refills of a plastic water bottles affect the amount of the bacterial growth in the water bottle?

Is this a good research question?? Or does it need some adjustments??

Also, would I need to give the subjects some sort of consent form to document their approval of being part of the experiment??

Help me please :)

Umm, I would be a little careful with the ethical issues, because if you are proposing that bacteria are growing in the re-used bottles everyday and you are making individuals use them over and over, it could be argued that you are knowingly putting them in some kind of danger... I dont know, since this is something everyone does everyday (re-using bottles, you know) maybe it is permitted and there is not problem. I would recommend you to ask your supervisor for his/her opinion on the subject.