My history EE is on 9/11 and its aftermath

saishah37

"the events leading up to and the social, political, and economical effects of the 9/11 attacks"

just wondering if i refer to some of the aftermath and speak on things that happened in the time pd of 2002 to 2010. just wondering if this is okay, considering we are supposed to stick to the 10 years rule. thanks

Edited by saishah37

Um.. I think your topic is way too broad? Yes, you have 4000 words, but I don't think it's possible to cover in depth all the events leading up to 9/11 AND the social, political and economical effects. Even just doing the events leading up to 9/11 is too broad. And what would you be talking about? Your EE sounds extremely descriptive right now? Is that/what is your actual EE question? Like, you want something that sounds more like "To what extent…" or "How significant was..". Similarly, just talking about social, political and economical effects is too broad. I think it would be wise to pick one if you want to talk about effects, and also rephrase your question/topic?

But to answer your question, I think you should technically be ok talking about things in 2002 since now is 2013 and 2002 is exactly 10 years and 9 months ago.. to make 100% sure though, I'd recommend you ask your EE supervisor ;) Hope this helps!

• Like 1

The year rule is quite rigid from what I remember. While you can write about 9/11 specifically, you have to stick to things that are at least 10 years in the past, even in your analysis. I'd be very hesitant to write about lingering effects from 2002-2010 because it might get your EE marked down for not following the criteria. You'd rather focus on causes and keep it safe.