Easiest & least time consuming subject?

chinko

Hi guys so this is my first post :P I don't exactly know how to use this thing but I hope I'll get the answer I'm looking for.

So first off, I'd like to know what the easiest group 6 subject would be. Last year I took art for my IGCSE's and I was really struggling with the amount of projects that I had and I was finding it difficult to spend so much time on art and in the end I just gave up and went with the flow, not giving a flying **** about my grade (I don't think I even got a mark).

Well this year I'm in the same position as two years ago and I don't want to make the same huge mistake of taking a subject that I don't need and wasting more time on it than is actually beneficial for me.

I'm planning on becoming an astrophysicist or doing something related to mechatronics or anything that involves maths and physics really, so for me the group 6 subjects are really useless and I don't want to do biology or psychology (although I'm attending psychology classes for now) because I really suck at memorizing terminology and huge ass chunks of text.

Initially I had decided to do Film but apparently there was no more space so I had to do something else and my only options are; Visual Arts, Theatre (they're going to open up a classroom because we requested it), ChemHL/BioHL, Psychology, Business and finally Economics (I take this as a group 3 subject in HL though so boo).

So my question is, out of all of these, which one would be the easiest to achieve a 7 in at SL. The universities I want dgaf about my other subjects, only maths, physics and my overall IB points, so I just want an easy 7 with minimum work. I know this sounds lazy but I'm taking 4 HLs two of which are physics and maths so I just want to take it easy for at least group 6.

Welcome!

• What do you want to study at uni? If you're taking engineering, taking e.g. film will be looked down upon. It's not all about the points.
  • What "type" of person are you? Do you grasp science/math easily, or are you a language/human sciences person?

Personally I'd take Chemistry HL out of those options without a doubt, but that's because that's the type of person I am. Others in my grade take Chemistry HL and are failing, while getting 6-7 in psych/econ.

visual arts is time consuming, but it would give you more time to study during exam time, as you wont get an art exam. you will have to make about 12 pieces, but over 2 years, that isnt so bad.

Chemistry HL takes a lot of time, and is definitely not an easy subject.

Business is a simple subject, but it is difficult to get a 7 on the exams, because it is kind of ambiguous.

psycology and eco are about the same amount of work, if you keep up in class it isnt that much, but you have a ton to study for exams.

I dont know about theatre.

none of these subjects is an easy 7, but none in IB really are.

if you want an easy subject, see if you can do ESS, or a standard level language youre good at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Often, the Arts subjects are the hardest to get a 7 in - Music HL was the most time consuming subject for me!

If you want an easy 7 at SL, you're out of luck. None of the subjects that you mentioned are easy 7s.

However, there are some that are easier than others to get a 7 in, based on your preferences. For example, I thought the B&M IA, where you have to analyse a real company, was a pain in the a**. Therefore I didn't take it. On the other hand, psychology has lots of content, but it also happens to be very interesting (at least for me).

You say you want to do SL, but you mention that Chem HL and Bio HL are an option. I do not understand this. In any case, with the sciences, the IAs are a huge drag - you have to do really well in these to get a 7. If you are willing to put in the time and effort into this, I would still definitely not suggest it for an easy 7.

Visual arts and drama are difficult to get 7s in - however, the bonus is it's one exam less in May

I'm really looking forward to this as a result - if you want high scores in your other subjects, this can be very helpful. One set of exams less to study for. Drama has quite a bit of research, but on the whole less work than art. However, theoretically, you need to be able to act, so think about that one (Y)

Business is supposed to be an easy 7 - but lots of universities look down on it, as it's supposedly just a lot of common sense.