Overnight trips and CAS hours?

Hello,

I have just returned from a three-day school trip to Stratford, Ontario. We watched several Shakespearean plays and spent two nights at a hotel. We were told that this trip would count for CAS hours, but I was wondering how many hours would count? Surely the 7 hours of sleep per night wouldn't count, am I right?

Thanks.

:blowkiss:

Technically only the activity should count - and to be honest, none of it should count because creativity is about you BEING creative, not watching the creativity of other people! School trips are also technically not CAS. But CAS is both infamously dependent on the leniency of whoever is in charge of CAS at your school and therefore also infamously impossible to advise about on this forum.

Anyway, I'd just see how much you can get out of it. If somebody is willing to sign you off for that sort of thing and call it CAS, you may as well try to get as many hours out of it as they'll sign their name to! Really it's 100% down to the person who's A) letting you use this as CAS in the first place and B) signing you off for it.

I wonder if reading books and watching TV also count as creativity to whoever is letting you do this? :blink: Same sort of thing and I'm sure you could rack up all the hours you ever need off it!

• Like 3

Back in junior year, I always undercounted my hours for activities I did, and sometimes not counting certain activities that would give me loads of hours. It was only in my senior year that I realised how silly I was. :chair:

Edited by -._._.-