Help Narrowing EE Topic - Women's Roles in Film/Television - 1960's

LProngs

Hello all,

My EE topic still seems broad, so I was wondering if anyone could help me narrow it down further, or if it seems fine just the way it is.

The topic is basically dealing with how the roles/portrayal of women in film/television have affected their roles in society, and this is generally within the 1960's, in the States, UK, and perhaps USSR. I was thinking of just narrowing it to the differences in women's roles in the US/UK and the USSR.

What do you think? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

LProngs

Hi :)

Although 4,000 words sounds like a lot at first, it really isn't very much at all! Having studied the role of women in Stalin's Russia, this alone is a pretty big area to cover, so I think looking at their role in general across the 1960s as explored through the media (film) would probably be covering too much. You want to try and have quite an in-depth analysis, and you won't be able to do this if you try to cover too much!

I am happy to help you further with narrowing your topic, but I first need to ask, is this for History? Or, are you interested in looking at it from more of an Arts perspective? If it's History, I can help, but if it's Arts, you're perhaps better to ask someone else. :)

Hello all,

My EE topic still seems broad, so I was wondering if anyone could help me narrow it down further, or if it seems fine just the way it is.

The topic is basically dealing with how the roles/portrayal of women in film/television have affected their roles in society, and this is generally within the 1960's, in the States, UK, and perhaps USSR. I was thinking of just narrowing it to the differences in women's roles in the US/UK and the USSR.

What do you think? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

LProngs

to narrow it down you should first choose 2 movies, the first topic you mention is too brough and the second is more like a topic for an independent study.

if you want to do a good ee based on that topic you can write something like:

to what extent did director x influenced director y in terms of women roles in the movies....?

or you can also choose a movie in the past and compare it to a recent remake analysing how did the role of the woman change.

good luck