Math Sl Investigation [IA]

Kenzi

Hi there,

I'd like to make an investigation regarding the topic of how does the camera work (rathrer the proccess of capturing light). I want to speak about the aparature, focal length, calculate DOF manually and mention about the dependance of the angle visible, and the focal length.

But I think, there is missing one part - the question I will answer at the end.

Any ideas?

First of all I guess you need to make your topic more specific, like just choose one among focal length, aperture etc. And then see what you can do from there. Because at this time I guess your topic is kind of not a focused topic yet. After you choose your solid topic then we can help you from there.

• Like 1

As a camera fanatic, I think this topic would be very interesting - something like modelling the DOF given a camera model and lens and making focal length and aperture size your parameters... However, I have no idea what math would be involved in this! This is all optics so obviously there will be math; though I've personally never discussed the math behind lenses and I don't know whether it's of the right level for an SL math IA.