Tale of Two Cities

julivertomas

Hey there, first off, we are almost done analyzing the Tale of Two Cities right now in our English A Literature Class and so far it is going awesome. But the thing that I am scared of is about the IOC for this one since it is a really complex book. I am really scared about it. Can you suggest a great site where I can find helpful stuff about this book?

The classic sparknotes....

But the thing is that understanding literature is about showing your own interpretation of it... you should be thinking about how you can show you understand it, rather than the content itself. I'm sure if you are enjoying it you will be able to find very interesting things to say about it! (sorry if this wasn't a great help)

• Like 1

Yep, I agree with Grace 01.And I'll just add here something crucial: that any student guide or notes, whether Sparks, Longman or Coles etc are usually OK for general interpretation and certain approaches, but will never give you what you need for the IOC which is an intensive and very close up look at a passage. No guide does that for you. Therefore you will need to bone up on those close interpretation skills for a 40-liner... I know people who have fallen hard from thinking they could just rely on these just before going in to the IOC. It is not a nice sight :(

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1