Should I take psych?

Ib_slave

Sorry for somewhat hijacking the thread, but that was really something I wanted to hear, Mark! ^_^ I'm thinking of applying for Government & Economics at LSE, but like you, I only do SL Math (a 7 in it atm tho), so I haven't been sure of whether they'd consider me. I obviously do well in Economics also so looks like I might stand a chance after all :)

[quote name='freelancer_girl' post='18807' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:20 AM']I'm horrible at debate and any type of philosophy but I'm fairly adept at logic and memorization. Is IB psychology for me?[/quote]

If you're good at logic and memorization then psycholoy is deffinatly for you. It has a lot of memorisation in it because there is quite a bit of content in it, and logic to work through the different theories and perspectives. It doesnt really have a lot of debate or philosophy in it though, unless its a class discusison but that doesnt really count.

However in psychology you will be required to be able to analyse studies and draw your own conclusions about things and be able to back these consclusions up with evidence. If your okay with this though you should be okay.

If you're interested in how and why people behave in particular ways then IB psychology is good. You'll learn a lot about yourslef and about those arounds you.

Hahah though it can be a bit annoying when you start analyising every single bit of behaviour you find yourslef doing. haha me and my friends find ourselves doing this all the time. It drives my parents insane :(

hopw i could be of some help

-soph x

• 1 month later...

[quote name='freelancer_girl' post='18807' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:20 AM']I'm horrible at debate and any type of philosophy but I'm fairly adept at logic and memorization. Is IB psychology for me?[/quote]

I think you should because it's a really interesting class.
You don't necessarily need to be good at debating but there have been times where i have had to write papers where i choose and defend a side such as reductionist vs holistic approach.
Memorization is definitely helpful in this class as there are theories to memorize and when doing the biological perspective, this definitely comes in handy (: