How do you de-stress?

When I'm feeling particularly stressed I like to do yoga, dance around like a maniac in the kitchen, or organize my binders. Sometimes I'll watch a movie on Fridays as a reward for making it through a stressful week.

How do you unwind when the IB stresses you out?

Run. Run like a maniac! And then I come back, stay up all night and finish more than what I need to so that way I can feel better and get ahead of everybody else.

Remember: "If you are not already far ahead, then you are very behind." - One of my teachers.

Oh and organizing helps. I also watch the occasional t.v. show...

• Like 4

what ''I'' do?

- read mangas and imagine i'm in a totally different world

- movies work too....i watch em and forget that ib exists

- close the door of my room and swear at ib and my life! and run around like a maniac (this also includes jumping innumerable times on my bed - i really think it's gonna break one day)...until my mum comes upstairs and literally forces me to shut up and calm down ...hahahahahahhaha

*sometimes this also includes me turning on a random rock song and insanely dancing to it...oh and occasionally uttering a few words from the lyrcis....i pretend i can play the non-existent electric guitar and my band is really popular....and i'm the center of attention...

- pretend i'm drunk and say the weirdest things in front of my friends...and laugh at their shocked expressions....hahahaha (well, they've gotten pretty used to it now...so they tend to laugh along with me hahaha)

...basically craziness is the cure for me

(apart from this i'm pretty normal)

Edited by Jane500
  • Like 4

Even a short 3K run helps with the stress. Also I find that taking a nap helps and not procrastinating prevents some stressful situations from arising. I am so excited for a biking trip I have on Friday. I think that's really a good way to unwind after some stressful weeks.

Also I find that talking to others about your stress can help. Remember everyone has problems.

• Like 2

Even a short 3K run helps with the stress. Also I find that taking a nap helps and not procrastinating prevents some stressful situations from arising. I am so excited for a biking trip I have on Friday. I think that's really a good way to unwind after some stressful weeks.

Also I find that talking to others about your stress can help. Remember everyone has problems.

I agree with the point on everyone has problems. Everyone just tries to put up a brave front. But when we're stressed out..we think that we're the only ones living a miserable life. In fact, that's not true.

But yah...apart from the crazy stuff (which i mentioned previously)...talking to others and even ocassionally whining and cribbing along with your friends is another good way to destress (makes you realise that we're all riding the same boat). :)

Edited by Jane500
  • Like 1

I have loads of "me" time. Friday nights and saturdays are usually completely work free days for me. Sometimes I do that in the week too. I go to the bar with friends, check out some of the hidden spots in Singapore, go over to a friend's place and see who can run away from the cops the longest in GTA, I work on my guitar playing, jam with friends, etc.

Point is, I make lots of time available to myself to do whatever I want. I'm 18 and supposed to be enjoying my life to the fullest. The catch is, when it comes to studying, my fullest concentration is there. I do not take excessive breaks, get distracted, etc. Because I know that if I do not give my best while working, I don't deserve my break.

• Like 5

1) Check out UCAS track every now and then.

2) Daydream about getting offers from Warwick, Exeter and Nottingham ( Got offer from Nottingham, so still I have pleasure in checking the track)

3) Daydream about getting offers from Havard, Stanford and other good US universities.

4) Blogging, stamp collecting.

5) Reading reviews and seeing pics of best universities.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...