How do you de-stress?

best option is going out with friends, but as you all know well, there isn't much time for social life in IB

that's why reading books is something I do a lot lately and I actually enjoy it. I also watch TV sometimes- nothing special, just some dumb sitcoms etc to relax and get rid of a bit of my intelligence haha :P

oh, and I cook often as well! Jamie Oliver is my kitchen god and inspiration- I love him!

Edited by eoeoeo3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just like to take deep breaths and listen to some music; if you want some music that will make you calm, there's a channel on YouTube called relaxdaily that has amazing peaceful music. I try to exercise more often too; even a 15 min. walk outside can help.

Whenever I'm stressed and I try to read, I just can't focus so it doesn't work for me. And of course, preparing and not procrastinating helps prevent stress.

I listen to music, do work for subjects I like (such as Psychology), take a nap, do some MBSR (basically meditation aiming to reduce stress) and so on. Often I also find having a mutual stress-out with friends helps as it enables me to off-load on people who understand and are going through the same thing as I am.

And eating chocolate always helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know really. I found punching some stuff (clothes cause my punching bag was spoilt - yeah I just hung from it and the base broke) quite good. Just a few punches will do. That was for extreme cases or when I exaggerate my stress.

But I didn't really have to punch stuff. I was always looking forward to my weekend activities. When the weekend came I was too busy enjoying it to care about IB.