Last minute HL History help - paper 2 & 3

rockpapertash

Hey guys,

I have my HL History paper 1 & 2 final exam tomorrow (ugh) and I just need a bit of last minute help.

How important is it to memorise historian's quotes and interpretations for each topic? I know all the basic historiography stuff for Cold War and Stalin but I don't really have much for any of the other topical is it absolutely necessary to get good marks on the essays for paper 2 and 3? Or can I still get decent marks without using it?

Thanks!

Hey! My exams are tomorrow too :)

It's not important to know quotes as such - just know what the historian's/school of thought's general interpretation of events was. Depending what mark you usually get on paper 2 essays, not having much historiography won't bring you down too much because what the IB calls "historical processes" also include skills like setting context (what dates did things happen on? what events were immediately before and after?) and comparing and contrasting ("much like in the Second World War, the Spanish Civil War was a war of ideology"). I couldn't tell you about paper 3 because I do SL... but it seems like you have historiography for paper 2 topics so you'll be fine :)

Good luck!!